GIlfix & La Poll Associates LLP GIlfix & La Poll Associates LLP
Not Your Typical Attorneys

Our family is here to help your family.

My Spouse Just Entered a Nursing Home. How Can I Protect My Assets?

With appropriate planning, an estate can be protected. This includes a residence. A properly implemented plan may include retitling of assets, gifts, or the creation of a new trust. Many options exist.

With rare exceptions, Medicare does not pay for the cost of long-term care. At most, it will pay for only a portion of your stay. Long-term care insurance can be expensive, and it may be difficult to obtain. Medi-Cal is a government program that will help you pay the cost of a nursing home once you qualify.

Here is the bottom line: there are many planning options.

Note: This article provides information, it does not constitute legal advice.

Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP attorneys practice elder law and estate planning and are available to answer any questions about Trusts, Durable Powers of Attorney for asset management, Advance Health Care Directives, and any other appropriate planning options.

Ready to get started?
Schedule a consultation by calling 650-683-9200. We offer in-person, phone and video meetings. 
Protect what You've earned For Your Family
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.