Our family is here to help your family.
Why Choose Us
Selecting a law firm to handle the long term financial well-being of your family is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. You not only need to be confident of expertise and practical knowledge, you need to know they will be available to you and your heirs for generations to come. If you feel as we do about the importance of proper estate planning, then Gilfix & La Poll welcomes the opportunity to serve you and your family.
- Our track record speaks for itself. We’ve successfully served tens of thousands of families, we’ve helped to save and protect hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars for our clients and their families in taxes and long term care costs.
- We have over 35 years of successful experience. We focus exclusively on our field. We have a large and experienced staff of professionals. We are a firm that will be here in the future, which we’ve guaranteed with a succession plan to maintain our exemplary service to you and your family for decades to come.
- Our team represents some of the greatest estate planning, tax, special needs, and elder law talent available. We are considered national leaders. A prolific author and speaker, Michael Gilfix is the first attorney elected as a Fellow to the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. Both Mr. Gilfix and tax attorney Francis La Poll have “reached the heights of professional excellence” according to independent ratings agency Martindale-Hubbell, among other accolades. Three Gilfix & La Poll attorneys are Certified Legal Specialists in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the State Bar of California. Please see the detailed biographies of our professional staff.
- We were one of the first firms in California to offer planning for individuals with special needs – we pioneered Special Needs Planning and have authored books and articles about this. We have helped thousands of families with Special Needs Trusts.
- No other firm in the San Francisco Bay Area offers the same breadth of estate, tax and asset protection for long term, and special needs planning than Gilfix & La Poll. Our service is comprehensive – from high-end estate planning to special needs trusts for disabled loved ones. We integrate tax and dynasty trust planning with Medi-Cal and asset protection. We also boast the best litigation team in the estate planning field.
- Our fees are reasonable and represent the best investments you will ever make. We are counselors with exceptional knowledge of professional, health care, and support services in the community. We protect and preserve assets. Above all, we listen to our clients and craft individualized plans that are uniquely appropriate.
We appreciate that your choice of law firm for estate planning is not a decision you take lightly. Gilfix & La Poll is pleased to offer the best, most comprehensive service.
Certified Specialists in Estate Planning & Elder Law
Co-Founder of the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
Pioneers in Elder Law & Estate Planning
Hundreds of Millions of Clients' Dollars in Taxes Saved
Thousands of Families in the Community Served
Over 35 Years of Serving the Bay Area