Elder Law & Estate Planning
For nearly four decades, Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP has been a proud leader
in the fields of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Special Needs Planning and Tax Planning.
We have helped thousands of families in our community to protect their assets and
legacies - saving our clients many hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes
and long term care costs.
Experienced Estate Attorneys in Palo Alto
When you are planning to protect your legacy, you need assurance that you and your loved ones are in good hands. At Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP, we make a commitment to each of our clients. Our Palo Alto elder law and estate planning lawyers are devoted to facilitating the preservation of family assets as well as the dignity and well-being of our clients and communities. Our goal is to be your family lawyer and address all of your legal planning needs. In fact, we aim to be your partners and your “Lawyer for Life.”
When you need an estate planning attorney in Palo Alto, we've got you covered.
We earn the trust of our clients by providing the exemplary services that have made us renowned national leaders in estate planning. Our goal is to help you plan for tomorrow so you can live for today, so call our estate planning attorney when you need us.
Elder Law and Estate Planning Attorneys in Palo Alto
Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP is the preeminent estate law firm in the Silicon Valley and greater San Francisco Bay Area. Since our inception in 1983, we have diligently practiced estate and tax law and pioneered what has come to be known as elder law. In addition to developing some of the most advanced long-term care plans for families in our community, we also created the first estate planning programs for families with special needs – now known as Special Needs Trusts and are consequently nationally recognized leaders in this field. Our legal professionals have published books on these subjects and can answer all of your questions. Click here for answers to frequently asked questions from our estate planning attorneys in Palo Alto.
Our Approach to Estate Planning in Palo Alto
We emphatically believe in proactive, multigenerational planning. The decisions you make now will affect not only you but also those who are dependent on you, including your parents and children.
For decades, our team has innovated creative legal solutions to help you manage and plan for the future of your estate. Together, we will decide which strategy will best serve your unique needs and those of your beneficiaries. Their future is in your hands, and we consider it a privilege to serve you in this regard.
Our Palo Alto elder law and estate planning attorneys can assist you in many areas, including:
- Advance Health Care Directives. Choose someone to make medical decisions on your behalf and specify how you want health care decisions to be made.
- Asset Protection. Shield your and your beneficiaries’ assets against tax, predatory creditors, litigants, and other threats.
- Conservatorships and Guardianships. When necessary, a procedure exists to manage the affairs of your vulnerable loved one.
- Estate and Gift Tax Planning. Reduce or eliminate unnecessary tax exposure.
- Estate Planning. Establish essential documents that prepare you and your family for your incapacity and death.
- Family Protection Trusts. Leave inheritances to future generations that are protected from divorce, litigation, and the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution. Seek a swift resolution, peace, and justice through court action or alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Long-Term Care Planning. Plan for expensive care without exhausting your savings.
- Medi-Cal Asset Preservation. Shelter your assets and avoid “spending down.”
- Medi-Cal (Medicaid) Planning. Qualify for crucial benefits through strategic preparation.
- Proposition 19. Take steps to avoid devastating property tax increases that occur upon your passing because of this 2021 legislation, which undermines Prop 13 protections.
- Revocable Living Trusts and Wills. Avoid probate and decide who will manage your affairs and who will receive your assets once you are gone.
- Special Needs Trusts. Protect and provide for your disabled loved one in the years to come.
- Trust Administration and Probate. Navigate the crucial processes for distributing assets and settling estates once someone has passed away.
- Trust and Will Contests. Challenge or defend the legitimacy or enforceability of estate planning documents.
“When my husband passed away, my attorney at Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP explained all the steps that have to be taken, saw to it that all steps were taken, and literally held my hand through the process.”- J.T.
Our track record speaks for itself. Our Palo Alto elder law and estate planning lawyers have served many thousands of individuals and families in our community. Gilfix & La Poll Associates LLP has helped elders obtain quality long-term care services while protecting the family home and other assets. Furthermore, our firm has provided sophisticated special needs planning designed to ensure quality of life and quality of care for our clients' loved ones. We encourage you to learn more about what our clients are saying and why they choose our firm.
Benefit from our unparalleled experience and get the sophisticated legal guidance you deserve. No matter your circumstances, our team is ready to leverage our extensive knowledge and resources to craft a comprehensive plan designed to achieve your goals.
With so much at stake, you should not wait to start exploring how we will protect your legacy. Call (650) 683-9200 or contact us online today.
Certified Specialists in Estate Planning & Elder Law
Co-Founder of the National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
Pioneers in Elder Law & Estate Planning
Hundreds of Millions of Clients' Dollars in Taxes Saved
Thousands of Families in the Community Served
Over 35 Years of Serving the Bay Area